Usain Bolt in super slow motion
I found this slowmotion footage of Usain Bolt (the fastest man on earth) running the 100 meter race. You get a good look at his unique technique.
According to YouTube comments, this is his secret:
- Bolts foot plant is directly underneath his hips.
- Bolts foot strikes on the forefoot only and drives off the big toe.
- Bolts torso stays in a straight line from hips to head with his chest thrust up. When you can keep your body in a straight line like that you can facilitate the largest muscle in the body, the gluteus maximus.
- Bolts arms are almost completley in sync. When moving forward his arms stay at a perfect 90 degree angle.
- Bolts cycling leg (the leg off the ground) cycles back and nearly touches his butt.